[ale] IPX/SPX

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 09:04:08 EST 2003

Hey all,

I'm attempting to VPN into my work LAN, which is managed by
a set of Novell Servers. I am able to use most of the
resources on the network; mapped network drives, exeternal
web browsing but when I try to ping a internal IP address I
don't seem to be able to resolve the host.

I have been told by the LAN admin that I am going to need
an IPX/SPX remote host in order to access this internal
machine(which happens to be a development server). I would
like to educate myself on this protocol to some degree and
understand how to implement this remote host so that I can
access local hosts on the network.

I would appreciate any help or resources you could point me
to.

TIA,

=====
Kevin Stoll