[ale] Is there a .keep for rsync?

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Fri Apr 4 07:47:30 EST 2003

I'm looking to do some dual development across a couple of different
Linux platforms would like to keep the files sync'ed with rsync, but the
configuration files are different for the two platforms so I'd like to
preserve them somehow without a complex rsync command.

Other than moving them somewhere and copying them back afterwards, does
anyone know of a way to do it?  It's not practical to keep them in a
different directory or to name them something different.  If I have to
do that, it's easier to just move them.

Thanks,
Jim.