[ale] [OT] White flag

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 1 16:41:45 EST 2003

Bob -

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Bob Toxen wrote:

> I'm tired of working harder for less money while Windoz bums earn the
> big money without having to think or work hard.  I've ordered my
> Windows XP and will be converting my systems to it.  Fortunately, I still
> have the XP partition that came on my laptop.

Thanks for that. I was sitting in a waiting room this morning considering
the reduced state of 01APR on the InterNet, then read your post in the
clean old style.

I had one great 01APR exchange. Someone posted an alleged note from Bjarne
Stroustrup (on comp.lang.ada, IIRC), and Stroustrop replied,"This is what
_I_ think is funny," and provided a link to his _Generalizing Overloading
for C++2000_. I have put a copy at:
[http://speakeasy.net/~johnmills/johnmills/CxxWhitespace98.pdf]. (It sits
next to a copy of my resume, in case anyone is looking to hire ... &8-)

I sent a 'thank you' to Stroustrop and got a gracious reply - nice fellow,
it seems.

> Good luck to you.

You and all ALErs too. Happy April Fooling.

 John Mills
 john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu