[ale] PCMCIA V.90 modem?

Eric Anderson eric.anderson at cordata.net
Mon Oct 28 19:39:19 EST 2002

OK, I am hoping someone knows this off the top of their head so that I
don't have to do the research. Do anybody know a PCMCIA V.90 56K modem
that works under Linux and is cost as little as possible?

The more general question to this is what is a good way to determine if
something is compatible with Linux without wasting time trying to
research it? Redhat has a HCL, but it sucks because 75% of the hardware
I try to look up is not listed (even though a lot of it does work).

Anybody know any other good databases so that I can do a quick search
and then buy with confidence?

--
Eric Anderson

---