[ale] eth1 silent - up in ifconfig, down on switch.

Dana Powers dana at slothlovechunk.org
Fri Oct 25 11:57:43 EDT 2002

While this appears to be hardware related, note that this type of
behaviour can be software related. I have had the exact same problem
with an onboard ethernet controller using eepro100 compiled into
gentoo's patched 2.4.19 linux kernel. Rebooting into a stock 2.4.19
( or .18 ) results in normal link light, pings etc.

Sinse your interface was working, however, Im inclined to think this
is not the same type of problem. What ethernet driver do you use for
this card, and what kernel are you running, though?

dpk