[ale] Resume

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Thu Oct 24 23:36:34 EDT 2002

What is the problem with saving the document out as a .doc, then e-mailing
it as an attachment? Why did you not even CONSIDER this very basic
solution? Evolution can handle attachments just like any other mail
client.

What do you mean it loses "structure" when you compose it in HTML? The
file does not change on a whim.

vi is a plain text editor. Plain text has no formatting.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Thus Spake tom <thawk80 at mindspring.com>:
24 Oct 2002 23:07:33 -0400

> I have posted this before, but I need some input. I am looking for a
> job, non technical in nature and need a resume in .doc format. Abiword
> does that, but you have to paste it into evolution. If I do it in HTML,
> it loses it structure a lot of times. If I do it in vi, can I change the
> font size and underline text, etc? Finally, using Windows is not an
> option, as I do not own a copy and my recovery disk is lost.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> tom
>

> ---
> should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---