[ale] k7s5a/athlon 1700x+ xp

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 23 10:45:25 EDT 2002

Well, it happened again.  I feel I've got problems with this thing
overheating.

I put the case back together last night.  Came in this morning all was
well.  As I started doing 'stuff' I noted the cpu temp climbed to 50C,
which is nowhere near the max for these chips, but as others have noted,
it depends on where the sensor is.

Anyway, it just locked up.  Power cycle to get it back.  I'm back to an
open case with my 2' fan blowing on it.  Current cpu temp is 44C, still
only 1C below the reference point found in the lm_sensors example conf
file.  I guess the 45C is a good mark for a top end.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---