[ale] OT: Re: [ale] Microsoft haters aligned w/grunge WTO/IMF protesters,tree sitters?

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 12:15:49 EDT 2002

Rafos701 at aol.com wrote:
> I really promise I'll investigate this IPS's chat svcs; In fact my name
> may already be spam on the ALE board, DK. But, for you collectors,
> sentimentalists, etc, the historic downtown Roswell center w/two thrift
> stores holds, in the store on the right, a big old Coherent manual,
> complete w/XWindows man, (in the "magazine" section.) The ?(X11R3)
> XLib/Toolkit books 0-5, Dec/OSF refs 1-4 are there as well, although the
> person who donated them had too many books, too.

"My name may already be spam..." That's an excellent phrase, even
better than one of my long-ago ex-girlfriend's "You're not even slime!"

Somewhere around here I have two complete Coherent distros on
floppy, including the manuals -- two different versions of the OS
(but I don't remember which versions - one of them was for 286 and
the other for >=386, I believe). I switched to Linux
because the original Coherent's VM limitations were causing
problems for some simulations I was running. O happy day...

-- Joe

---