[ale] those of you reading this while within US jurisdictionshould have a care....

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Oct 16 14:18:30 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 12:30, Dow Hurst wrote:
.  I want to click thru but *fear* the consequences.
>  Sounds crazy for an American citizen working in an academic, normally
> more free than the private sector in what is allowed, environment!  That
> is the new reality we live in, where the security, legal, and political
> professions are looking for examples to explore the power of the new
> laws.

I clicked right through, lied the whole way about where I'm from. My
rational is I am in charge of machines. I need to be fully informed of
what I am installing and why.

I see this is a publicity stunt and a political ploy to slap DMCA in the
groin (well deserved, I'll add). As such, the source code for kernels
_without_ the patch will also be subject to DMCA regulations.

What a load of crap.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part