[ale] OT: Best [tech] places to live and work in Atlanta....

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Wed Oct 16 11:29:10 EDT 2002

buckhead is great if you can afford it.  i also lived in East Cobb
(13 years) and i much prefer the Northridge area off of 400 (30350) where I live
now.  i would like to live a little closer to town, but don't have the
money to.  i lived off of Glenridge Connector (30342 zip near Sandy Springs
and Brookhaven) for just over a year and that was convenient but noisy (3
hospitals nearby + 2 highways).  i'm sure a house near there would be
better than the apartments, though!  the 2 apartments i lived in were not
built with noise pollution in mind.  lol.  houses near there (30342
zip) go for 300K for a shack to $1Mil +.  too much for
me!

northridge area off 400 is close to pretty much everything.

w/o
traffic:
buckhead 20 min
alpharetta 5-10 min
kennesaw 30 min
norcross 15 min
airport 30 min

est w/
average rush hour type traffic:
buckhead 30 min.
alpharetta 20 min
kennesaw 1hr
norcross 25 min
airport 1 hour

  -----Original Message-----From: Kilroy, Chris
  [mailto:Chris.Kilroy at turner.com]Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002
  10:38 AMTo: ale at ale.orgSubject: RE: [ale] OT: Best
  [tech] places to live and work in Atlanta....
  I love living in town (buckhead).  I hope when we do move
  to our next house we can stay in town.  THere is just so much more in
  terms of bars/nightlife, excellent restaurants, other fun stuff compared to
  the suburbs (i lived in East Cobb for 10 yrs).  I'm not talking about
  going to bars every night or even every weekend, cause i dont do that
  anymore.   but i do go out to eat at least 1-2 times per week, and
  there are more great restaurants within 2 miles of me than in all of cobb
  county probably.
  as long as i work downtown as well, i have no intention of
  moving outside the perimeter.  I am a 30 minute drive from just about
  everything worth going to in Atlanta.  Airport 15mins, Braves 15-20mins,
  Downtown no traffic 15mins, Gwinett to buy furniture 25mins, Alpharetta to
  visit parents 30mins, etc.
  -> -> -> ->John Wells wrote: ->> Guys, ->> ->> My family and I are considering a move to a new house, and
  I've been ->> thinking pretty hard about where
  that house should be. ->> ->> Given the nature of our field and its high turnover rate,
  ->I'd like to move ->> to an area of Atlanta with a high concentration of tech
  ->companies, so that ->> if I move on from one job, I won't be completely isolated
  ->(or a 45-mile ->>
  commute) from any others...(i.e., Kennesaw ;-)). ->> ->> So, where are the best
  places from a tech perspective to ->live in
  Atlanta, ->> aside from downtown?  I've
  heard Alpharetta has a pretty ->good number
  of ->> firms, but wanted to hear opinions from
  the group. -> ->Somewhere between Alpharetta and 285 would probably be ideal,
  ->although ->Alpharetta
  is in Fulton county, thus taxes are much higher ->then, say Cobb. -> ->I guess just north of Alpharetta outside of Fulton, but then
  ->if you get ->something
  in town you've got to deal with the Alpharetta Autobahn. ->(400).  Then again 85, 75 and 20 are no picnic
  either... -> ->>
  ->> Thanks! ->>
  ->> John ->>
  ->> ->>
  ->> This message has been sent through the ALE general
  discussion list. ->> See http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info.
  ->Problems should be ->> sent to listmaster at ale dot org. ->> ->> -> ->-- ->Until later: Geoffrey
  esoteric at 3times25.net -> ->I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific company to
  listen ->to FM, why doesn't that apply to the
  Internet (anymore...)? -> -> ->--- ->This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion

==================================================This message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIALinformation that is intended only for use by the named recipient.If you are not the named recipient, any disclosure, dissemination,or action based on the contents of this message is prohibited.In such case please notify us and destroy and delete all copiesof this transmission.  Thank you.==================================================