[ale] OT: Best [tech] places to live and work in Atlanta....

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 16 10:27:12 EDT 2002

John Wells wrote:
> Guys,
>
> My family and I are considering a move to a new house, and I've been
> thinking pretty hard about where that house should be.
>
> Given the nature of our field and its high turnover rate, I'd like to move
> to an area of Atlanta with a high concentration of tech companies, so that
> if I move on from one job, I won't be completely isolated (or a 45-mile
> commute) from any others...(i.e., Kennesaw ;-)).
>
> So, where are the best places from a tech perspective to live in Atlanta,
> aside from downtown?  I've heard Alpharetta has a pretty good number of
> firms, but wanted to hear opinions from the group.

Somewhere between Alpharetta and 285 would probably be ideal, although
Alpharetta is in Fulton county, thus taxes are much higher then, say Cobb.

I guess just north of Alpharetta outside of Fulton, but then if you get
something in town you've got to deal with the Alpharetta Autobahn.
(400).  Then again 85, 75 and 20 are no picnic either...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---