[ale] OT: Best [tech] places to live and work in Atlanta....

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Wed Oct 16 09:21:13 EDT 2002

I agree about the somewhere off of 400 part.  Any house
around Abernathy though will probably start around
$300,000 and go up.  I live off 400 on Holcomb
bridge(Roswell) and I am pretty much 30 minutes from
anything(if I leave early) and the cost of housing is a
little less.  I have worked in Buckhead, Norcross, and
now Midtown(usually 45 minutes home here because of no
way to get on 85 or 400 easily. Ugh).  But I would
recommend Roswell....especailly if you can find a house
in the Roswell(Cobb County area).  Fulton taxes will
kill you as they are now killing me.....

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Jim wrote:

> I've been around Atlanta a long time and I've been
> looking for a job a long
> time, so I'm probably uniquely qualified to answer.
;-)
> There are clusters of
> tech companies in these areas: Norcross/Technology
> Park, Alpharetta,
> Perimeter, Intown/Midtown, Marietta and points to the
> Northwest. The number
> of businesses in Midtown is considerable, so that
makes

wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > My family and I are considering a move to a new
> house, and I've been
> > thinking pretty hard about where that house should
be.

> > Given the nature of our field and its high turnover
> rate, I'd like to move
> > to an area of Atlanta with a high concentration of
> tech companies, so that
> > if I move on from one job, I won't be completely
> isolated (or a 45-mile
> > commute) from any others...(i.e., Kennesaw ;-)).
> >
> > So, where are the best places from a tech
perspective

href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com/jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.