[ale] Sound recording in SuSE 8.0

George Johnson gljay at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 15 02:21:16 EDT 2002

It was working ok for some time until I upgraded to 8.0.  Now when I use
the following command:

rec -s w -c 2 -r 44100 side1.wav

it returns to the prompt and will not wait for me to stop recording with
the <ctrl c>.  I have tried 2 different mixers (gmix and kmix) and can
hear the sound coming thru my speakers from my pc but it seems like it
is not getting any sound to record and is halting the process.  What the
heck is going on here?  I knew I should not have upgraded.  That usually
causes problems somewhere.

George Johnson

BTW the sound file that is generated produces NO sound when tested.

At least I now use Evolution for my email and not outlook any more.

---