[ale] 36GB Disk Drives

Stephen F Nicholas syssfn at panther.Gsu.EDU
Sun Oct 13 22:15:59 EDT 2002

Hello All,
I second the Seagate ( as I just replaced 2 IBMs in 2 different T3s Friday
afternoon.)  They were 10k drives though.  Thank God for hardware
raid. Sun sent Seagates as replacements.  Setup: raid 5 7+1 + hot spare 36
GB.

Steve

| Steve Nicholas             |                        |
| Software Systems Engineer  |  A risk is not a risk  |
| Georgia State University   |  until it is taken.    |
| snicholas at gsu.edu          |                        |
| 404-651-1062               |  BBROYGBVGW            |

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I prefer Seagate drives.  Sometimes they run a bit warm but the MTBF
> has always been very good to me.
>

> Thus spake Ryan Matteson (matty91 at bellsouth.net):
>
> > From: Ryan Matteson <matty91 at bellsouth.net>
> > To: ale at ale.org
> > Date: 13 Oct 2002 19:08:11 -0400
> > Subject: [ale] 36GB Disk Drives
> >
> > Anyone have any favorite vendors for 1" 7200RPM 36GB Ultra SCSI Hard
> > drives? I need to get a pair of disks for my Ultra1, and am
> > contemplating vendors. Any opinions on models and vendors?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Matteson - UNIX Administrator
> > GPG ID: 7F89FE25 Ryan Matteson (Matty-GPG-2002) <matty91 at bellsouth.net>
> > Digitally Signed Public Key: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public.txt
> > Fingerprint = 71D1 BA91 0F75 E79B BEFA  EC23 A02E D4C9 7F89 FE25
>

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---