[ale] ftp access apache server behind linksys router

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 07:58:19 EDT 2002

hey im wanting to set up a apache web server with ftp access, i need
people to be able to have access to thier files only on my system, which
is the first thing im unsure how to do, but then ive never set up ftp on
linux either nor have i set up apache :-p my second issue comes from the
issue of being behind a linksys dsl 4 port router/switch how do i forward
ftp traffic specific to my server to my server and keep the ftp access
from interfearing from other computers that may need to use it as well? i
couldnt tell very well how to do that, i mean i can forward ALL ftp access
but i have difficulty keeping it going to all computers when getting
specific or what not, any faq docs or quick tips you guys can give me?
common pit falls to avoid? this will be my first semi public web server.