[ale] find or locate text

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed Oct 9 12:05:52 EDT 2002

With my custom install of RedHat 8.0 I no longer get the gui file finder that
comes with KDE. The one that comes with Gnome does not search through the
files for specific text. I need to search in text files for specific text.

Can someone give me the command prompt way of searching for text?

I read the man on find and slocate, but could not get either to do it.
Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

---