[ale] mandrake9 w/ cdrom access problem

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Oct 9 13:37:58 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 10:33 pm, miguel wrote:
> hello ale,
>
> installed mdrk9, i log in as user mig, but cannot access /mnt/cdrom,
> i click on the cdrom icon and get
> "uanble to enter file:/mnt/cdrom ", you do not have access rights to
> this location.
> same applies to /mnt/floppy
>

> ls -la /mnt is
>
> drwxrwxrwx  root root
>
> cat /etc/fstab is
>
> ...snip..
> /mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount
> dev=/dev/hdc,fs=iso9660,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

that is a very strange line.  Usually, the first field is the device.
Try changing /mnt/cdrom to /dev/cdrom

Can you mount it by hand?  I.e. "mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom"?
You might try running harddrake2 and see what the cdrom settings are.

> i think that supermount(manned it and i still don't know what it does
> for me...) is broken in mandrake 9.

I know that it can work, cause I got it working last night.  But Im sure
our machines are different.

> i can just disable it by removing it from fstab?

I think yes.  You should also be able to disable it from the mandrake
control center or harddrake2.

--Michael

---