[ale] Error in Service Module..can't login locally

Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) John.Sheahan at priceline.com
Wed Oct 9 09:30:50 EDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: James P. Kinney III [mailto:jkinney at localnetsolutions.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:27 AM
To: cfowler
Cc: Atlanta Linux "User Group (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [ale] OpenSSL Cert Quesiton

In order to have the error message "go away", you need to have your
certs "signed" by a group like Thawte or Verisign. It's not $0 (free)
and they expire.

You can "sel-sign" but then you must "accept" the certificates manually
in the browser. And you must accept it for each browser that accesses
the https site.

Thawte is pretty easy and less expensive than Verisign.
For some reason, my machine will not allow me to login locally and gives me
the error message:

Error in Service Module.

I did some research and I read that it was due to a bug in a pam module.
Does anyone have any more info they can share w/ me on this? Thanks.

---