[ale] using the power of two computers

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 12:18:36 EDT 2002

x2vnc is nice if you want the computers to remain seperate entities on the
network, however if your just wanting the second computer to add its cpu
power and ram (resources) to the origional computer giving the origional
computer additional power and truely makeing them act as one, run some
cluster server software such as mosix clustering, this allows you to put a
simple patched kernel on the second computer and together they will run
every task you execute on the first computer :) however clustering
computers pretty much rules out having 2 different computers with 2
different os's, its only good for adding the resources of a second
computer to the first to strengthen it. but then its not limited to 2
computers either ;) army of 486's anyone? if your interested in mosix just
search it out online :) most if not all linux distros have it i believe.