[ale] X frozen does abiword do timed backups?

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Thu Oct 3 17:48:45 EDT 2002

Thanks guys,

I misunderstood.  It was Abiword that was locked up, not X.
Unfortunately, after a few searches, etc. it became clear that today's
work was lost.  I might have started looking at inodes on the swap, but
that's a skill I do not possess and time war running short.  Instead,
the wife just duplicated her work.

oh well.

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 16:41, Irv Mullins wrote:
> On Thursday 03 October 2002 04:00 pm, Cory T. Echols wrote:
> > On 10/03, Andrew Grimmke wrote:
> > > Is there any hope?
> >
> > I don't know if Abiword does timed backups or not, but its files are
> > xml documents, so maybe 'cat' will save you here.
>
> It does timed backups *if you've told it to do so* (via preferences).
> Default setup is to not do timed backups.
>
> Regards,
> Irv
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.