[ale] Linux Raid

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Oct 2 15:42:51 EDT 2002

  I'm playing with Raid in the linux kernel and am very impressed.  Gotta
admit the Kernel LVM scared the hell out of me as it seems straight from
AIX, but it's very well done as well.

  One of the best features is killing me though with Raid.  I've set up
this:

md10: stripe of sda2+sdc2
md11: stripe of sdb2+sdd2

md0: mirror of md10+md11

The neat feature is the 'go ahead and use the raid once built, we'll
sync slowly in the background'...  Does anyone know if there is a way to
force a fast sync with maximum IO bandwidth?  I can't find any way of
doing this.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER: