[ale] Ale search utility (was Re: [ale] requests for help)

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Oct 2 09:22:33 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 09:16 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> I actually have pretty good luck using Google with the
> 'site:http://www.ale.org search-criteria' syntax.

Awesome idea.  I just added a new "Enhanced Browsing" shortcut to
Konqueror with shortcut name "ale":

      http://www.google.com/search?q=\{@} site:ale.org

So now, any time I want to search the ale site I just enter "ale:keyword
phrase" into Konqueror or the Run Command window and  get back the
google search.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Michael