[ale] RAID "inexpensive" disks?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Oct 2 08:45:06 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:39:59PM +0900, Keith Hopkins wrote:
> The only true IDE HW RAID I know to exist are the Adaptec 2400 (not 1200)
> cards, and the 3Ware Escalade cards (not sure which models).

All of the 3Ware cards are hardware RAID, and are probably the best ones
you can get, period.

Also, toss in the Promise SX6000.  It's a 6-channel hardware RAID board
that can take up to 128 megs of cache.   I have one of 'em powering a
480 gig raid5 filesystem..

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344

 PGP signature