[ale] Ale search utility (was Re: [ale] requests for help)

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Oct 1 20:58:40 EDT 2002

One thing to mention here...the ale search utility sucks.  No offense to
those who worked hard at getting it set up, but its results are far from
accurate.  In fact, I can search on key words in posts which I *know* are
there, but yet return nothing.

Perhaps it's a configuration issue?  I suspect it's just broken somehow,
as I seem to remember it working better in the past.  At the very least,
it's a shame, because that archive is a virtual
how-to-do-everything-with-linux-and-related-cool-stuff tome.

Maybe before implementing a complex indexing scheme, we should really just
focus on getting a good search capability in place.

I'd volunteer to help, if anyone else is interested in getting it working...

John