[ale] thoughts on RH 8.0 (and gnome 2 in general)

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Tue Oct 1 13:48:01 EDT 2002

Ack! Ack!

I just upgraded to a GeForce 2, and I'm seeing this same problem! Not with
Red Hat or Gnome, but with X in general. (No fuzziness with my Voodoo3
2000 - my previous card.) It's like, the fonts appear normal when I look
closely, but from afar (normal viewing distance) they're slightly blurred.

I've yet to find a solution. If you come up with one, please let me know!

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Thus Spake "John Wells" <jb at sourceillustrated.com>:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:20:41 -0400 (EDT)

> Initial thoughts....the interface looks very nice.  Like the
> consistency, and the fonts are definitely an improvement.
>
> However, one thing I've noticed (noticed this in gnome 2 before but
> thought it was just a transient bug/feature) is that everything looks
> just a tad fuzzy...especially the fonts and edges of the graphics.  It
> may be my graphics card, but it seems to happen here at work *and* at
> home (32 mb Geforce 2 at home with Nvidia drivers).
>
> Gnome 1.4 does not have this problem.
>
> Anyone else notice this?
>
> John
>

> ---
> should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---