[ale] messenger

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 21:40:13 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 19:20, phrostie wrote:
> i will be going with Gaim first just because i already have it installed.

	Regardless of what version you currently have installed I would
recommend installing the newest one you can just because new stuff is
added fairly often. For example, IM Image receiving support was added in
the latest version. Or, if possible, do like I do and run the cvs
version of it. Then you get new features early. ;) For example, an
option was added to CVS just today to let you customize whether tabs are
on the top or the bottom (if tabs are even enabled, which is a choice).
To make a comparison, EB just barely even added tabs at all and gaim has
had them for a while. ;)

P.S. Does anyone else who uses gaim with multiple protocols find it
messy that there are a bunch of login windows during autologin? (One for
each account) If so, I have a patch that you may be interested in trying
though it has one problem (but it isn't a critical problem -- I can
explain more to those interested)

--
Michael Golden <naugrimk at yahoo.com>
GnuPG Public Key: 1F8BDBDE