[ale] automating IP blocking on the firewall

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Jun 30 12:34:45 EDT 2002

Run it from the firewall box.
At the top, setup a scp connection and grap the remote logs and dump
them into /tmp. The change the $log def to point the /tmp instead. If
you setup key authentication for ssh, you can run scp -B
user at remote:/var/log/httpd/error* /tmp/httpd/

Or an rsync process could be called to keep a copy of the remote logs
synched with the firewall box.