[ale] A Palladium FAQ (from an un-Disneyed source)

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 30 08:55:09 EDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Irv Mullins wrote:

> Note that the end result of all that agravation was the disappearance of most
> ot those copy protection schemes.  Why? Because people didn't want
> to buy products that used them.
>
> I beleve the result of the 'Paladium' scheme will be a dramatic loss of
> market share for Microsoft, Intel, the RIAA, etc. and a greatly increased
> demand for computers, software, and 'content' manufactured overseas -

As much as I hate the effect this will have on domestically made machines,
I really, really hope you are right about the consumer backlash.  I
remember the copy protection BS of the 80's, and it is clear that Bill
Gates and Fritz Hollings and their cronies do not.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
You've been programmed by the Illuminati not to see the word "".

---