[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY, WAY, WAY OT now!!!

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Jun 28 23:09:26 EDT 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 10:40, you wrote:
> I believe that Godwin's Rule has been invoked here.
 <grin>
If you are implying that there is some "rule" of behavior or etiquette
that now demands an end to this thread, the FAQ's would disagree:
  [ from :  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/ ]

I.  The Basics
  1.  What is Godwin's Law? Godwin's Law is a natural law of Usenet named
after Mike Godwin (godwin at eff.org) concerning Usenet "discussions".  It
reads, according to the Jargon File:

    As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
                involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

Godwin's "law" is just a statement of probability theory and not some
Nazi Rule you can invoke to end interesting, ongoing, off topic
discussions!
 <\grin>

---