[ale] OT: Sun Treasoning

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Jun 28 09:09:32 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 03:48:47AM -0700, Bob Evans wrote:
> shortage. Hell, read this list. There are plenty of
> smart programmers in the greater Atlanta area who are
> on the bench. They can't get hired. Don't blame the

Bottom line -- the Economy still sucks.  Of the ~40 people I worked with
at Incanta, only ~6 have found work since it went under.

Ironically, all but one of those 6 were in development/engineering.
You think tht "IT" situation sucks?  It's nothing compared to the
quagmire that middle-upper management (&sales &marketing) folks are
facing.

Anyway, I ended up moving to Florida, and now I have a job writing Linux
drivers and programming embedded systems stuff.   (Who ever said that
Open Source (&| Free) software never got you a job?)

I traded the high cost of living and all of the crap that is Atlanta and
traded it for a quiet beach town.  Lower taxes, lower cost of living,
vastly cleaner air, friendly people, and you just can't argue
with having the large pond three miles to the east.  :)

There are jobs out there.  You just have to be willing to go to them.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature