[ale] Problems with SmartMedia Adapter

Randy Janinda rjaninda at tqlabs.com
Fri Jun 28 00:24:46 EDT 2002

I have an Antec PCMCIA SmartMedia adpater I am trying to use. Every
mention on google says this thing works "out of the box" with Linux.
Maybe with RH, or one of the other ditros...not Gentoo.

Here's the specific error message I have (when I insert the card, with a
SM disk in it):

Jun 28 00:18:16 [cardmgr] error parsing CIS on socket 1: Invalid
argument
Jun 28 00:18:16 [cardmgr] socket 1: ATA/IDE Fixed Disk
Jun 28 00:18:16 [cardmgr] executing: 'modprobe ide-cs'
Jun 28 00:18:17 [cardmgr] get dev info on socket 1 failed: Resource
temporarily unavailable
Jun 28 00:18:17 [cardmgr] exiting

My PCMCIA works because I'm sending this email through a wireless pcmcia
card.

I've tried:
One card at a time
manual insmod/rmmod on the modules

The pcmcia-howto doesn't seem to cover this error.

If anyone has tips or info on how I can get this thing to work I would
be grateful.

Thanks,
Randy

---