[ale] Java Make Files

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jun 27 10:43:44 EDT 2002

I'm trying to incorporate Build Dates and Version in java code.  I can
not use defines like I can with C so I cam up with a Solution.

Is this the best way?

#
# We can not use defines in Java so we
# dynamically create a class that stores
# the build date for the clock
#

version:
        echo "public class BuildVersion {"                            >
BuildVersion.java
        echo "    private static String Date = \"$(BDATE)\";"        >>
BuildVersion.java
        echo "    private static String Version  = \"$(Version)\";"  >>
BuildVersion.java
        echo " "                                                     >>
BuildVersion.java
        echo "    public static String getVersionString() {"         >>
BuildVersion.java
        echo "        return Version + Date;"                        >>
BuildVersion.java
        echo "    }"                                                 >>
BuildVersion.java
        echo "}"                                                     >>
BuildVersion.java

---