[ale] Please take the time to read - regarding Palladium

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Wed Jun 26 10:39:55 EDT 2002

Heh. A friend of mine sent me the link to this story bright & early this
am, and I was just about to post it to this list before you beat me to
it.

This is of course Very Scary Stuff. It hinges on consumer acceptance of
Microsoft's and Intel's DRM machinery and software though.  Judging from
the brouhaha over Intel's last attempt to put unique IDs on its CPU
chips back in 1999 ( a quick link is at
http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19990125S0019 ), this is by no
means a sure thing.

That said, this'll shake loose a few more $ from me for the EFF
(http://www.eff.org). And it will make me doubly cautious about allowing
Lose machines on my home network.

-- CHS
On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 11:37, John Wells wrote:
> It's on /., but thought I'd send it out.  I think everyone on this list
> needs to take the time to read and digest the questions presented here:
>
> http://www.theregus.com/content/4/25378.html
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---