[ale] suspicious log entry by SSH-3.3

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Wed Jun 26 10:28:03 EDT 2002

I upgraded openssh from 2.9.2 to this new 3.3 ( RPM has the right
GPG signature).  F-secure ssh2 (version 3.1.2) as client, I has this
suspicious log entry, (note the hostbased, instead of publickey)

Jun 26 10:17:24 hostA sshd[27712]: Accepted hostbased for userA from
1.2.3.4  port 51942 ssh2

The hostbased authentication has been disabled in sshd_config, and priv
seperation enabled. The verbose mode shows authentication thru public key.
debug: server offers auth methods 'publickey,password'
debug: Ssh2AuthPubKeyClient/authc-pubkey.c:1751/ssh_client_auth_pubkey:
Public key authentication was successful.

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-487-8544 (O)
systems engineer				z.yu at voicecom.com
is support, voicecom, llc			www.voicecom.com

---