[ale] user authentication?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Jun 22 08:22:33 EDT 2002

Again this is samba.  Samba cand be a PDC if you want or a BDC.  You
have to be a windows user and log into the network before you can access
shares on Samba.  There is not "network authenticaion"  Or
authentication that gives you access to a network.  Only authentication
that gives you access to resources on that network.

I can lock down samba so that only valid users can access shares.  Get
rid of the guest account crap and your set.

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 00:55, Stephen Turner wrote:
> but thats samba, how do i make it so if users want to access the network,
> aka log on they have to authenticate with a server first, then they can
> log on the computer and have network access? something that win2k and xp has.

> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---