[ale] Found in /etc/fstab...

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Jun 21 16:03:08 EDT 2002

Actually, a question which I haven't found an clue for in either the man
pages, nor in the brief look at the LDP.

In my RH7.2 installation, I have two entries starting with "LABEL=" and
some value follows ( / and /boot). I've never heard of a purpose nor why
the "LABEL=" exists, and what the heck is it doing in my fstab? And what
good is it? Can I/Should I consider using it for other entries?

I feel like I should have found this information by now, and I haven't. If
you have a clue or a pointer, I would appreciate your sharing it.

Thanks.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca
Thompson Freeman          tfreeman at intel.digichem.net