[ale] Linux Help for everyone!!

Mark Angeli webmaster at tinyminds.org
Fri Jun 21 11:25:41 EDT 2002

Hey guys, I know I posted the link to the site before, however, LinuxJournal
posted a write up on their site and I thought I'd send it here too. Can't
hurt...

[Atlanta, GA] - A new wave of innovative Linux help site is developing and
its happening quicker than the Mozilla nightly builds. Tinyminds.org (
http://www.tinyminds.org )
is revolutionizing the way tradition linux help sites have done business.

Targeted at beginning and advanced users alike, has been in the making
for over a year. After numerous database, forum, and design changes,
tinyminds.org is ready to go live. Today, Tinyminds is a growing site
with a friendly community and something for pretty much everyone.

Tinyminds.org aims to become one of the major Linux help sites on the
net, offering a selection of how-to guides, and frequently asked
questions as well as a common error database. The atmosphere on the forums
is very newbie friendly, making it easy to get the help you need, no matter
how trivial it may seem. However, tinyminds.org welcomes all types of Linux
users. The how-to's called Tinymind's Linux cheat sheet's or TLC's range
from
a basic Linux command guide to a guide on setting up an Ipchains firewall so
that one can host a game server. All of the TLC's are user generated, so
anyone
with expertise in an area can contribute to the community in order to
make taking the step into Linux a little bit easier.

Tinyminds is not just a Linux help site; it's also a place where you can
go to view, or even submit, screenshots of those super customized GUI
desktops that draw so many people into Linux. In addition, upload your
background images so that others can enjoy them as well. Users can also
read and write reviews of just about every product out there, from cases
to Linux distributions to web browsers and Tinyminds also offers the latest
news from the Linux community. A new addition to the Tinyminds experience is
the Swap Shop, something aking to theclassified ads section in a newspaper,
allowing users to buy and sell anything from computer equipment to
automotive stuff.

Tinyminds.org is changing the way people look at Linux and they're doing it
fast. Its free to join and registering only takes a second so stop on by and
see what all the commotion is about.

---