[ale] Q: 'pptp'+'mppe' installed, but not yet configured

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jun 20 10:58:43 EDT 2002

I think part of your problem is going to be going to the vpn as well as
the internet.  You'll have a single set of DNS that will point you
either to the vpn or to the internet.  You can't have both.  If your DNS
points you to the vpn, then requests to the internet will route over the
vpn.

What I had to do to get the dns updated with the ones provided by my vpn
was to script them out of the messages log file and script them into
/etc/resolv.conf

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---