[ale] Why won't IP e-mail address go through BS?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jun 19 11:38:57 EDT 2002

You need to enable BS as an intelligent mail sender. I know it sounds
like an oxymoron, but:

# Smart host
DSsmtp.bellsouth.net
# Use this mailer to reach the Smart host
DNsmtp

This should go in /etc/sendmail.cf. What you are currently doing is
trying to directly forward/send you email. Bellsouth has put the brakes
on that to stop the spammers. By using the smtp servers of BS, you are
authenticating yourself as a BS customer. Their mail servers know your
address and should forward mail correctly.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

---