[ale] OT: Wireless access points?

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Wed Jun 19 09:58:10 EDT 2002

/* Anything to do with the Internet - he never even saw it coming,
(read his books if you doubt this) */

The first release of Windows 95 backs this up as well. Microsoft saw the
Internet as a fad that wouldn't catch on, and pushed The Microsoft Network
very very hard.

Microsoft's strength has always been the ability to stop on a dime and
change direction to accomodate changes in the industry.

--
Christopher R. Curzio
http://www.accipiter.org

Thus Spake Irv Mullins <irvm at ellijay.com>:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:57:05 -0400

> On Tuesday 18 June 2002 09:21 am, you wrote:
>
> > I would have to disagree.  Bill's vision (which led to him having more
> > cash and clout than you or I will ever have), heavily revolved around
> > building an OS that did *NOT* require such exams or tests in order to
> > use.  It put him *in* to business.
>
> I'm sorry, but Bill's 'vision' extends only to spotting good ideas
> developed by others, and copying them. I have no problem with that, but
> I do draw the line when it comes to the underhanded and sometimes
> illegal ways he then eliminates the competition,  leaving us, the users,
> stuck with Bill's often second-rate, buggy, and insecure programs as the
> only choice.
>
> If you doubt any of this, just look at the number of lawsuits which have
> been lost by Microsoft, despite the 'clout' of all the lawyers Bill can
> buy.
>
> DOS - not his idea.
> Windows - not his idea.
> Anything to do with the Internet - he never even saw it coming,
> (read his books if you doubt this)
> Security -  See who?
>
> Bill's having more money doesn't impress me at all. John Gotti also had
> a lot more money than most people.
>
> Regards,
> Irv
>

> ---
> should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---