[ale] dual-head xfree 4.2

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jun 17 23:24:27 EDT 2002

Mark Angeli wrote:
> Yea, that article is good. Also have a how to on my site:
> http://www.tinyminds.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req
> =viewarticle&artid=36&page=1

Hmm, as far as I'm concerned they all suck, cause it aint working. :(
Nothing personal. :)

They all are pretty much the same thing with minor differences.  The
example for the G450 shows both Device sections with the same BusID
value, and I assume this is because the g450 is like my Radeon VE with
two video outputs.

The only other differences I see in the various examples are in the
ServerLayout section.  Here are the variations I've seen and I've tried
them all:

Screen "screen0" LeftOf "screen1"
Screen "screen1"

or

Screen 0 "screen0" LeftOf "screen1"
Screen 1 "screen1"

or

Screen 0 "screen0" LeftOf "screen1"
Screen 1 "screen1" 0 0

Then there are the variations using RightOf, but I guess you get the
picture.  I've tried them all, I get a sig 11 everytime.

When I boot I get mirrored images on both monitors, so I know both
outputs on the card are working.

I guess I'm going for another beer and going to bed...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---