[ale] Tapeware freezes w/ext3 - desparate!

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Sat Jun 15 23:09:47 EDT 2002

I know this is not a tapeware newsgroup, but my question is more for the
ext3 people and I desparate as I'm going on vacation for two weeks!!

  I have a RedHat 7.2 box running on an HP TC3100 with three 18g 10000
rpm drives in a Raid 5 config. All partitions are ext3 which is how the
default setup made them. I installed Tapeware backup software from
Yosemite which came with the HP DAT 24i drive. Everything was wonderfull
until today I noticed the job was hung. Not entirely tho, I could cancel
the job and restart another one. It will go to random points, sometimes
8%, sometimes 35%, etc. Never the same. One time I noticed that the file
it was hung up on did not even exist!!!!

I have completely uninstalled/reinstalled Tapeware, upgraded to the
latest version, no luck. Same results.

Could this be a damaged ext3 partition of some sort? If so, how do I fix
it? All else seems to be running just fine!! (Qmail, samba,
squirrelmail, apache, etc.) I can find no errors from them. The only
error I see in /var/log/messages is a million of these:

Jun 14 07:59:19 server kernel: sym1:3:0:COMMAND FAILED (87 0 1).

Thanks in advance for any help possible,

- Gary

---