[ale] music from multiple sound cards, multiple machines

Benjamin Dixon beatle at arches.uga.edu
Fri Jun 14 01:16:42 EDT 2002

Anyone know of software for linux that can play music on multiple machines
at the same time? For example, I could play the same song out two sound
cards on two separate machines both on the network? Does such a thing
exist? If not, what are the difficulties in doing it? I would imagine
latency would come into play but this would be used on a 100Mbit home
network (with some 10Mbit wireless links). Looked on freshmeat, nothing
jumped out at me.

Ben

---