[ale] automating a download

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon Jul 29 19:19:21 EDT 2002

Ok. Now that I have the passphrase problem out of the way, I am still lost as
to how to automate commands from my local machine to tar and download a file
that is on my remote server.
I tried putting all of the commands in a file, naming it .sh and running it.
That worked, except once the .shell script logins into the server, it stops
processing the commands because the shell script is not local.
I thought about putting a script on my server BUT I will have the same
problem - I will still have to login and call the script from my local box.
I have looked up "automating shell commands" but the information that I have
found is way off. Can someone point me to a URL that explains how to login to
a remote machine and make it do my bidding using only a .sh script?
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

---