[ale] LCD Monitor

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 29 15:04:55 EDT 2002

It's an increasingly common practice. However it generally isn't as you
charactarize it. The cost of the machine gets rolled into the tuition as
some fee or another. The school gets a great deal because they shop around
for a 1000 to 2000 machine price, garnering significant discounts. The student
and family pays for the remainder.

So I doubt that tax dollars funded the purchase, unless it was lottery money.
And in that case the funds were certainly not taken by force.

BAJ

---