[ale] Laptop Questions

Tomoki Taniguchi Tomoki at allurefm.com
Mon Jul 29 13:58:19 EDT 2002

Trident chips should be supported.  at least for the xf86 4.2.0 release
notes trident is listed under the driver section.  That said I would
still go for a laptop using an ati chip for laptops.  my laptop
is a compaq presario 80xl550.  I have gotten most things working on it
except for the modem, and some of the special buttons. (but the buttons,
I'm just lazy to map.)  I have generally had good luck with dells in the
past.  In general, stay away from propietary hw or windows specific hw.

-tomoki