[ale] news reader

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 28 20:42:52 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 13:45, George Johnson wrote:
> What is the best news reader out there for linux?  Is there a good one for
> the shell prompt?  Also is there anything for the par and rar files that
> will decode and assemble them?  I am new to newsgroups.
>
> gj

I like PAN.  To me it is simple and quite useful.  It also  support
yEnc.  RAR is a compression program.  A trial version, command line only
can be downloaded from ... http://freshmeat.net/search?q=rar
PAR is a program to repair missing RAR files, works great.  I think you
need one PAR file for each missing RAR file, not sure tho.
http://www.smr-usenet.com/software/misc.shtml  is the link.
--
Jeff Rose
1914 Neely Ave