[ale] Filesystem Architect

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Thu Jul 25 23:00:04 EDT 2002

Just as another data point, a book on Oracle that I read about 3-4 years
ago said that among Oracle's near-future plans was one to create an
Oracle-native file system.  It should be borne in mind that this same
book also extolled the virtues of the "network PC" (read:
X-terminal-like) and we all know how well THAT initiative worked for
Oracle.  I heard nothing more about the Oracle file system although I
recall some hint that Oracle planned to develop an Oracle OS (i.e.,
install Oracle straight to bare hardware).  I have to admit that it is
an intriguing thought.

- Jeff