[ale] nmap shows evil open ports

Taylor Robison trobis at speakeasy.net
Thu Jul 25 16:39:16 EDT 2002

netstat -p

This will give you an idea of who is running what on what port.  Play
around with netstat a little and you can get more information if you
need it.

I just ran it on my machine....Why is postfix (master) claiming 37
ports?  Even after a restart is insists it needs that many.  And its idle.

Taylor

Brian J. Dowd wrote:

> Without being terribly specific on this open list...
> nmap shows I have some open ports which are
> well-known Win virus/control ports. Portsentry
> doesn't indicate that there is any traffic on any of them
> but they *are* open. How do I find out which processes
> opened them and how do I close these ports?
> TIA! -Brian
>

> ---
> should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---