[ale] Suse 8 vs. Microsoft VSS

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Mon Jul 22 18:59:23 EDT 2002

The default umask for the login on the server that is used for the ftp
transfer of files is definitely set for -rw-r--r--, or 022.  To decrease
this you must change the default umask to 002.  This would get you
-rw-rw-r-- but not -rwxrwxr-- or 774.  The nicest way to update things
on the webserver is to set your permissions on your files on the client
and then tar the files and directories up.  Then do the transfer and
untar the archive.  This will preserve permissions without screwing
around with security settings on your server.
Dow

moisey.g.oysgelt at mail.sprint.com wrote:

>I have a problem deploying  web project from Microsoft  VSS ( NT box)
> to a  JSP Web server ( Tomcat) in the Suse 8.0  Box.
>

>MS provides the deployment using  FTP protocol.
>
>This creates file with permission
>-rw-r--r--
>this  mask a restriction  for  Tomcat to  execute file  extension
>*.jsp, *.xls , etc.
>
>I'd like to know  how , and where to change mask  to create  file with
>prevision
>-rwxrwxr---
>
>Thanks
>
>Moisey Oysgelt
>
>      Moisey.G.Oysgelt at mail.sprint.com
>

>---
>

>---
>This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
>sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---